Hmmm. I see that a number of you think I can go 5 days without sugar. Wow. You are either really afraid to put down what you REALLY think, or you have more faith in me than I do. Either way, I'm actually inspired! By the way, I'm talking about no sugar, no flour, nada. And I have to say, it was tough last night, especially when, while cleaning the kitchen last night, I picked up a plastic bag that Ron brought home from work, containing cookies. Mmm tempting. But in a serious fit of self control I just moved the bag. Mornings and afternoons are much easier. It's the after 5 time of day that gets me.
In other, more exciting news, we spent some time weeding yesterday. Our snapdragons (Malachi's pick for seeds) are blooming now, and all but 2 sunflowers (Talia's pick) are also blooming and looking fantastic. We still have lettuce growing, which is hard to believe this late in July. There are a few tomato fruits on the vine, growing, and a few squash flowers. I put a couple pinwheels in the garden beds and this seems to discourage critters.
If you haven't yet, check out how you can customize your own igoogle desktop. Blazing with cool. I have a tab for "to do" and for email, learning, relaxing, etc. If you want to see what I've got, I can "share" the tab with you -- just email me and ask!
No news yet on Brandon..hopefully tomorrow night I'll know more, after his follow-up appointment. He actually made it out of the house yesterday and went to a friend's to play D&D.
3 comments:
I voted for 5 whole days, although I don't think I've ever done that. Since it was an option I figured it was your goal, and I wanted to encourage you! :)
Your garden sounds so fun! I dream of a yard...
Your bulletin board is simply amazing! Can you come do ours?
I've been working on our flower garden this year. The Black-Eyed Susans just bloomed. I love them! I love Snap Dragons too! Maybe next year we'll have a vegetable garden again.
Wow! What a great bulletin board! I loved the textured tree trunk. How fun for the kids to feel it. (Sarah, if she can't come down and do your, maybe she will let you steal her idea...no one in UT will know!) I wish I was that creative. (ENVY)
Post a Comment