We've had plenty of snow this week. On Monday we had a snow day and the kids played outside in the snow. Talia did a wonderful job of shoveling the front walk. Today it's Friday and we had perhaps an inch of snow last night. Malachi shoveled the walk this morning so that Talia could walk out to the bus without getting her feet all full of snow. He did a wonderful job, too. Here he is showing off his shoveling skills (even though by the time I took the video he was already done with the walk).
And just for fun, here's another video of him playing in the snow after he finished shoveling. There's nothing quite like being 5 in the snow, is there?
Exciting happenings this week include...hmmm...just a pretty regular week. We miss Brandon of course, and assume that he's doing fine at school. The kids (and I) have enjoyed watching a few episodes of "How it's made" on the Discover channel. I made bread on Wednesday and it was completely gone by Thursday evening. My goal for next week includes making bread AND exercising for at least 2 minutes on at least three days. Starting small is better than not starting at all.
Talia went to a fun birthday party at her friend Alyssa's house. Alyssa turned 7 years old. She had a baby doll party where everyone brought a baby doll and they had bottles for feeding, they made door hangers that said "shh, baby sleeping" and they had pizza. She had so much fun that she cried when it was time to leave and she couldn't even talk about it on the way home without crying. Yeah, she was a little tired too. "Mom, I just had so much fun...boo hooo..."
4 comments:
I dig O'Malley's shoveling technique.
He reminds me of Trey when playing in the snow- cute little antics and the fall into the snow- hilar! It put a smile on me face.
:)
What a great helper! I totally miss snow!!! Good job on the bread, Mike eats it fast too.
alison I need your mailing address! please email it to me at gloriana.mft@gmail.com thanks!
So, maybe we will get a "Spring Fun" update? I miss you guys!
Post a Comment