Monday, March 10, 2008

How Far Can I Take Multi-Tasking???

Tell me, is this too much?

Here I am (Talia took this picture and did a great job!) doing the following things:

1. Exercising on my minitramp while...
2. Planning what to say in a deposition I was giving later that day while...
3. Simmering soup on the stove for lunch while...
4. Parenting my children (Talia is taking a picture of me, experiencing the development of new and exciting skills) while...
5. Kneading bread in my hands. Truly, that is a blob of dough I am holding.



Yes, is this too much? I'm just asking...

In other news...

I'm going to Boise at the end of April to give a couple talks. Anyone who wants to drive up to say hello is welcome (and crazy!).

Malachi loves wrassling. He especially loves to be "smogrified" Smogrification (pronounced like the word smog) involves wrassling, tickling and kisses and hugs. Sometimes we play kissing smogrification which is a contest where you try to kiss another person's cheek as many times as you can while they are trying to kiss your cheek. When it's two vs. one, it's pretty funny. That is to say, Talia and Malachi team up against me and it's hard to hold one of them down much less two! If someone kisses your cheek, each kiss takes away one point that you have and adds one point to the other person's total. Everybody wins in theory, but in reality we just end up giggling until we cough ourselves sick.



Talia's reading skills are really coming along! We are so excited that the world of books is becoming more open to her. She's so proud too.



We had a wonderful meal yesterday with some wonderful friends, Marlon and Amanda and their cute daughters. In addition to our typical West African feast (roasted chicken with peanut sauce, cabbage salad, plantains, ginger drink and melktert) I tried a new recipe - curried okra. It was very tasty and I would have had more for lunch...but it was all gone. I've never cooked with okra before and I'll definitely do it again.
Basically onions, garlic, okra and tomatoes seasoned with coriander, cinnamon, ginger, cumin and sea salt.

Ron sang in church yesterday. He sang Cast Thy Burden Upon the Lord, and added both of the verses that Aunt Cynthia wrote. It was just beautiful. I accompanied him on the organ, which worked out just fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your African meal sounds amazing!

Your incredible multi-tasking abilities far exceed most people, but you still make it all work flawlessly!!!

Ron did a wonderful job in church on Sunday--- he is so talented!